Something wonderful and beautiful is going on in Germany from a Kingdom perspective.
After talking with several German leaders in recent days, I sense new churches are going to be planted all over that country. And this is going to have tremendous impact on Europe and maybe the world.
Here are some of my observations/notes from my conversations with these leaders:
- Germany plays a significant role in Europe. As Germany goes, so goes Europe. Whatever is happening there will spill-over to other countries. #Kingdomwin
- Many German churches work globally. This means they are well versed with church planting methodologies from other cultures and contexts.
- There is a renewed sense of solidarity around MISSION. This is right and good for it will permit leaders the opportunity to work together to plant more churches. Denominations and doctrine are important. But we need to be able to find the opportunities to partner rather than those issues that divide us.
- These leaders are praying for Germany – together – and inviting others to join them.
- Young German leaders are emerging. We have been joined by a number of German leadership residents at Community. They want to start movements of reproducing churches. There is a new generation of leaders in Germany and they’re dreaming BIG dreams.
- German leaders are asking themselves THE KEY QUESTION: what do we need to do differently to multiply churches?
- German networks have great systems and training tracks for church planters. (Does anyone want to dispute the fact that Germans are great engineers.) Once the ‘what’ comes into focus, they will bring all of this to bear.
- German churches are well resourced. No church is rich, but German churches exist in the German economy, one of the best in Europe.
- Conferences are bringing leaders together. German leaders are gathering together.
- German leaders believe something is happening! They just need to be encouraged to dream and affirmed that they can do it.
Look, I am an American and I am making all of these observations from the United States so what do I know. I am planning to travel to Germany early next year to see for myself. But in the meantime, I can’t help but be inspired by what I am hearing.
Do me a favor and pray for Germany right now!
And if you want to find out how you can partner with NewThing please contact us.