Is it time to quit?
Are you ready to throw in the towel?
Maybe you should. Maybe its time to be honest and end what you’ve started. It’s OK. Not everything works out the way you plan it. Some projects need to be trashed so you can get on to the next one.
But quitting is hard.
We don’t like to quit.
So if it’s time to quit, take heart…quitters are all around us.
- A friend quit trying to be a pro-golfer. He was working his way into the pro tour and then something bad happened in his career and he quit. He went on to run a golf course.
- My friend quit a book she was writing. She told me that it was the 10th or 11th time she’s started writing the same book and quit. Having quit again, she wondered if she was ever going to finish it. When she stopped trying to write the book she couldn’t finish she began blogging. Now she has hundreds of readers every day.
- Another friend of mine quit his dream to be a famous artist because he got tired of living at poverty level wages. Now he has a career and sells his paintings on the side and it’s great.
- I know another guy who couldn’t get his non-profit off the ground because he couldn’t find the time. After he quit, he was hired by a non-profit and he loves what he does.
- A friend of mine quit trying to plant a church when he realized he wasn’t going to raise enough money nor build a big enough team to launch. He got a job on the staff of a big church and is making a huge impact.
All of these people had their reasons for quitting. I am not judging.
But quitting allowed them to get on to the next thing.
So take heart. If it’s time to quit, do it.
Now you can start the next thing.